- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups sifted New Grains All Purpose Baking Mix
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup pure pumpkin puree
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spray a standard loaf pan with your choice on non-stick spray
- Place butter and sugar in mixing bowl, using mixer, beat on med-high speed until light and fluffy (about 6 minutes). Add eggs, one at a time, beat well after each egg. Scrap sides of bowl as needed and add vanilla and mix in.
- Place New Grains All Purpose Baking Mix, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a mixing bowl and mix well with whisk.
- With mixer on low, add flour mixture slowly to butter and mixture and beat until just combined. Add pumpkin, milk, and lemon juice and mix until just combined.
- Pour batter into loaf pan and fill 2/3 full. Smooth top and place in preheated oven. Bake for about 1 hour and 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from pan and place on cooling rack.
- You may add 1/2 cup of chocolate chips to batter
- Sprinkle cinnamon and brown sugar on top of batter before placing in the oven
instead of using 1 and 1/4 cup of sugar – do you have another suggestion??
You could always use a little over half a cup of honey!