Recipe for Gluten-Free Crab Cakes:
1. Add 1 cup of croutons to a food processor and pulse until fine (consistency of bread crumbs).
2. Combine 1 egg (beaten), 3 tsp fresh parsley (chopped), 3 tbsp fresh scallions (finely chopped), 1/2 cup ground croutons, 2 tbsp mayo, 1/2 tsp lemon zest, 1 tbsp lemon juice, 1.5 tsp old bay seasoning, 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce & 1 tsp stone ground mustard.
3. Fold in 1.5 lbs of crab meat – lump and claws – and mix until fully incorporated.
4. Take the mixture and form into patties. This should yield about 10.
5. Heat a pan to medium low. Add a tablespoon of ghee. Once heated, add the crab patties. Cook for about 3-4 minutes until golden. Flip and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
6. Serve warm with a salad or a tangy slaw and enjoy!!
Buy our Gluten-Free Breadcrumbs