Recipe for Mini Gluten-Free Apple Pies:
- Spread pecans out on a baking tray. Place in a 350 degree oven for about 10 minutes, or until fragrant. Don’t let them burn! Once cooked, remove from the oven and let cool.
- Meanwhile, grease a mini muffin tin with butter.
- Roll out the pastry dough using a rolling pin. Flour the surface and the pin to prevent sticking. Roll until desired thinness (about 1/8 inch thick).
- Use the mouth of a drinking glass to cut out circular pieces of dough. Take the circle and place it into a mini muffin cup. Press the dough down evenly so it covers the bottom and sides. It should be shallow in the middle still. Repeat this process until all cups are filled.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 20 minutes or until crust is just about cooked and lightly golden.
- In a bowl, toss together three apples, diced small, with 1-1/2 tsp gluten free flour, 1-1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1 tsp vanilla extract and a pinch of salt. Depending on the size of the apples, you can always add some more cinnamon or a little extra splash of vanilla.
- Scoop the apple mixture into the baked pie cups. Bake for another 20 minutes.
- Take the pies out, then place one pecan on top of each pie. Bake for 3 more minutes.
- Let cool & serve.
Buy our Gluten-Free Pastry Dough