Recipe for Gluten-Free Mozzarella Sticks:
- Freeze a pack of string cheese (part-skim mozzarella) a couple hours before you’re ready to cook.
- Prepare three shallow bowls. In one bowl, beat one egg. In another bowl, add 1/2 cup of New Grains GF flour. In the third bowl, add 1 cup of New Grains breadcrumbs and season as desired. I added a little salt, pepper, garlic powder, basil and lots of dried parsley.
- Take the string cheese out of the freezer and remove any packaging. Start by dropping each stick in the flour to coat fully. Move it into the egg yolks and shake off any excess. Drop it into the breadcrumb bowl and make sure it’s fully coated. Repeat this until all sticks are ready.
- Spread the mozzarella sticks onto a plate and put into the freezer for one more hour.
- Transfer the sticks to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and place them into a preheated 400 degree oven.
- Bake for 5 minutes. Take out of the oven and flip. Bake for another 4-5 minutes. The cheese should be soft to the touch, but not melted.
- Enjoy with some warm marinara sauce for dipping!